It’s the end of May and it appears that summer is going to start very early. So with that inspiration, I decided to share some delicious recipes, for us to enjoy and cool off. You can’t drink hot drinks now or can you??
Vanilla Iced Coffee (Raining Hot Coupons)
- 1 K-Cup or 1 Cup of Coffee
- Ice Cubes
- Milk or cream
Vanilla Simple Syrup (makes a large amount which can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks to use over and over again for more iced coffee drinks!):
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Prepare the Vanilla simple syrup – Bring sugar and water to a boil stirring until sugar dissolves, add in vanilla and let cool. You can keep this in the fridge for about 2 weeks if covered and use it for your iced coffee drinks throughout the week.
- Prepare a glass of coffee (I like to use 1 K-Cup)
- Fill a mug with ice cubes (I love using mason jars!)
- Pour the hot coffee over the ice
- Add milk or cream to taste
- Add vanilla syrup to taste
Homemade Iced Coffee (With Salt & Wit)
Prep Time 24Hr
Total Time 24Hr
makes 8 Cups
- 6 oz coarse ground coffee beans
- 6 cups cold water
- For Serving, Milk, Liquor , and/or Sweetener, of choice
- In a large container, combine coffee beans and water. Make sure all the coffee beans are covered and saturated.
- Cover and allow to sit at room temperature overnight, 24 hours is ideal.
- Set a fine mesh strainer, (optional: line with cheesecloth), over a pitcher or another container. Slowly pour coffee mixture through strainer, allowing all the liquid to seep through. You may need to help push the liquid through the strainer. Pour the mixture through the strainer one to two more times to ensure all the grounds have been caught. (This is where a cheesecloth comes in handy.) Discard grounds after filtering.
- Place coffee in the fridge, in a sealed container and allow to chill until ready to use.
- To make an iced coffee, add 1 cup ice cubes to glass. Add a 1:1 ratio of coffee to water in class and mix well. Add sweetener and milk to taste, stir well. Taste and adjust milk and sweetener if needed.
- Sit back and enjoy!
Nutella Blended Coffee Drink (Around My Family Table)
1 cup milk (soy, rice, whole, etc)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
4 tsps Nutella (or try my gf, df homemade Nutella)
1 tbls sugar
1 cup ice
garnish: whipped cream, chocolate syrup, cocoa powder
Add all ingredients in the blender, except the garnishes. Blend until smooth. Finish by swirling a little chocolate syrup in your cup, pour in your drink, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Skinny Hazelnut Iced Coffee (The Cookie Rookie)
Prep Time 8Hr
Total Time 8Hr
- 1 pound Ground Coffee go for the good quality!
- 8 quarts Cold Water
- healthy splash of International Delight Sugar Free Fat Free Toasted Hazelnut Creamer per serving I used about 2 tablespoons per tall glass
- sweetener of your choice optional
In a large container (I use a large tupperware), mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours.
Pour the liquid through a cheesecloth lined strainer into a pitcher. You will want to press the grounds that collect into the strainer to get the last amount of liquid through. Discard the grounds.
Place coffee liquid in the refrigerator and allow to cool.
Serve over ice and mix in creamer to your liking.
(you can also add sweetener if you want! I prefer my coffee a bit on the strong side so I thought this was plenty sweet with just the creamer…but dress yours up the way you love it!)
Kahlua Iced Coffee (Lick my Spoon)
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
Yields 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 1 oz Kahlúa
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a highball glass.
- Add cooled coffee and Kahlúa, and stir well to combine.
- Add ice and enjoy!
These are just a few that I found, going thru the Internet. When I find more I will share on here and of course giving credit to those who had created. I’m am not that talented that I could figure out the recipe. Give these a try and let me know in the comments, how it turned out. If you have a favorite, let me too. These one are all so yummy, even I do not know which one to try. Enjoy!!